Watling Wood Project

Richard Judd
Have a read of an exciting project for Watling Woods secured from Tesco Funding via the Leadgate Area Partnerships

http://www.leadgatevillage.org.uk/watling-wood.html
Les

Re: Watling Wood Project

Les
Let's hope they will include the running track under the criterion to improve well-being.

Re: Watling Wood Project

Richard Judd
Hi Les

There is a scope of works for the Tesco projects so difficult to add to that however

The idea of the running path is a good one and worth getting a persepctive from Council officer and Ecologist
Les

Re: Watling Wood Project

Les
Having met the various interested parties on site a couple of weeks ago, it seems that in principle there is no objection and in fact some support for the concept.
The next step would be to take it to the next partnership meeting. It might be an idea to print my photo of the track I used in Germany to show at any meeting. It may also be an idea to propose an initial test track, say, 100 metres to see how it beds down.
Sorry I'm not around for the time being!